I’m really excited to bring you this Mother’s Day craft! Here at Mama of Littles, we are focusing on learning about the garden and this craft went right along with that. AND even better, I will be reusing extra flowers for an outdoor activity next week…so stay tuned!
If you’re anything like me, thinking up a cute gift craft for your toddler is probably a last minute thing (in this case, morning of mothers day) and so I’ll get right to the steps of how we made these beautiful flower pots for our Grandmas.
Affiliate links provided for your convenience.
• Card Stock
• Something to Color the flowers with (Paint, Crayons, Markers, Dab and Dot Dauber Markers, or Kwik Stix) We used Kwik sticks and dab and dot daubers. Both are major favorites with both littles!
• Craft Sticks
• Terra Cotta Pots (I grabbed mine at the dollar store)
• Play-Doh or molding clay
• Beads (Optional add on!)
Don’t you love when you have practically everything for a craft already!? I only needed to pick up the terra cotta pots.
1. Print and cut out any flower pattern you’d like. I grabbed mine here: http://cliparting.com/free-flower-clipart-1065/ You can then size it to however big or little you want your flowers.
2. Trace onto cardstock paper and cut out the flower(s). We did quite a few flowers since we had several grandmas we were gifting these to.
3. Have the littles color the flower(s) with whatever choice of median you choose.
4. Glue on the craft stick.
5. Print out this free , cut it out, and glue on a craft stick.
6. Add playdoh to the terra cotta pot
7. Place flower(s) and Mothers Day sign in the pot
There you have it! My littles really enjoyed this and were very excited to give their flowers away for Mothers Day.
I would love to hear how yours turn out too!
Happy Mothers Day!